Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Snowmen with mittens!

This week the design theme… Mittens for gift wrap! Create a design for gift wrap featuring images of mittens.
I approached this weeks challenge with the idea that I wanted to put mittens on a character, not just use mittens alone. I drew countless illustrations of santa, elves, deer, bears and other woodland animals but kept coming back to the happy snow people that you see below. I had also doodled a lot of snowflake frames and added them to my design. The last bit was the evergreen trees that were drawn in a loose fashion, their simplicity just felt right. I added all of the color and texture in photoshop, but every part of this layout was drawn by hand including the textures!
This pattern was designed for gift wrap but works well as a fabric too. I think I'll make gift tags and print them on the decal fabric!
'Snuggly Snowmen'
wrapping paper, fabric, wall decals + wallpaper
available soon at Spoonflower.com
©2013 Patty Rybolt Designs
Previews will be shown on a gift box mock-up. Voting starts on Thursday, November 21st and continues through November 27th, Please Vote!!



No comments:

Post a Comment