Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Autumn Love!

Design of the week…  Fall leaves!!

This week's challenge was to create images celebrating the colors and shapes of fall leaves!! I approached this challenge with some black india ink and simple brush drawings of peacocks and leaves as well as paper cut-outs of pods and berries. I assembled the images in photoshop and colored them when I found a layout that I liked. I find the combination of drawing by hand (in black + white) and then coloring in photoshop allows me to present a painterly, organic feel to my images. The coloring in photoshop gives me more control over how the colors will look on the finished printed product. Choosing color for the images came directly from my interpretation of the assignment…fall leaves… golden yellows, organic oranges, rich reds and greying greens. The background started as white (which will also be available soon), but I felt that a stronger statement was needed. I auditioned colors from brown to blue and found that this combination of both worked well!

'Autumn Love' (peacock)
©2013 Patty Rybolt Designs

'Autumn Love' (white)
©2013 Patty Rybolt Designs
Designs presented as a fat quarter (21"x18"). Voting starts on Thursday November 14th and continues until the 21st! Please vote!! 'Autumn Love' (peacock) 

No comments:

Post a Comment