Friday, November 1, 2013

2014 Calendar Tea Towel Design!

It's that time of year again…
This week… a 2014 tea towel calendar design featuring pen and ink illustrations. I started with inspiration and research online, then rough sketches in my sketchbook. I wanted to try something different this year with my calendar so I decided to incorporate some of my own type and loose illustrations using a tea theme with a very bright color palette.
After deciding on the theme, 'Have Tea With Me', I designed the template for the calendar, picked fonts, and set up the calendar dates in Quark Express. Then the fun part… the artwork. I painted with india ink using a #8 round brush and drew teapots, teacups, textures and type. I tried to keep it loose and ended up scanning about 30 pages of images. Working this way is great because nothing is permanent, the illustrations and text were pulled from the scans and manipulated in photoshop. The text layout was brought into photoshop and layered onto the final illustration... the end result is what you see below.  I think these would be great in a gift basket for the holidays this year!

'Have Tea With Me'
©2013 Patty Rybolt Designs

Designed to be printed on a Linen-Cotton Canvas fat quarter (27" x 18"). Deadline for entry was Tuesday, October 29th, 2013. Please vote…voting continues through Thursday morning November 7th 2013!!

No comments:

Post a Comment