Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Lilla Rogers Part B is finally here!!

Lilla Rogers E-Course
Last week I logged into the online classroom for  Lilla Rogers e-course 'Make Art That Sells' for week 1 of Part B!! Part A was very helpful to me. Lilla breaks down the design process in such a way that it is not overwhelming. I'm trying to bring my skills up to a different level and am always looking for ways to improve my process as an illustrator & designer.
Paper was the market for week 1.
Got the mini exercise and read through the material. Watched the video and was so excited to get started on the mini... candy and ornaments!
I started to draw... and cut.
marker on copy paper
type cut out of kraft paper
Each day of the week as I and the other students taking the e-course logged into the classroom we were presented with different aspects of the Paper Market through videos, inspirational products, interviews with a buyer, designers and of course Lilla Rogers herself! Mid-week we were given our assignment, and by the end of the week these were my finished designs...
The Snowman card is the one that I added to the Flicker group.
"Cheers" Holiday Card Design
©2013 Patty Rybolt Designs
'Santa and Scotty' Card was my other design!
"HoHoHo" Holiday Card Design
©2013 Patty Rybolt Designs



No comments:

Post a Comment