Tuesday, March 18, 2014

The 'Robot Project'

©2014 Patty Rybolt Designs
Spoonflower's design for this week...
'should be inspired by scenes from a school science fair.'
Over the years my girls participated in many science fairs… I remember Olivia cooking hot dogs in a homemade oven made out of tin foil and using only the heat of the sun.
Hanna put dye in the water of white flowers to see if the color would wick up the stems and change the color of the flowers (it worked).There were many, many more that I must have blocked out of my memory.
I was thinking, if mom's could have a science fair project, what would I make? The answer was simple, design robots to do my chores! I  thought this concept worked for moms as well as kids, and I went with it.
I started with the graph paper look to make the drawings appear to be in a notebook. Drew tons of robot parts, arms, legs, gears, etc. and assembled my robots in photoshop. When my robots were assembled I put my pattern together and filled the open spaces with spare parts.
Here is 'The Robot Project'...


Previews are sized as a fat quarter (21" x 18"). Voting starts Thursday, March 20th, 2014, and continues until Thursday, March 27th, 2014. Please Vote!!

No comments:

Post a Comment