I've submitted my last MATS Assignment Bootcamp project for my Lilla Rogers class. This month we were given a mini assignment to draw our favorite beverage and then asked to produce a personal piece of art, something that we would make for ourselves.
|'Encaustic Coffee' ©2014 Patty Rybolt Designs. All Rights Reserved.|
This is a multi step project and the best way to describe the process is to list the steps…
1. photographed a vignette of coffee making supplies in the morning light from my kitchen window.
2. used the Waterlogue App. on my iPad to give my photo a watercolor feel.
3. printed the photo onto a silk organza fabric sheet and embed the silk photo
into my prepared encaustic medium on a wood base
4. painted over the silk with encaustic paint heating and smoothing the wax to adhear the layers.
5. used graphite to draw the "outline" illustration onto tracing paper and transfer the graphite by rubbing it into the wax from the tracing paper. The tracing paper is then removed and the graphite stays on the wax.
6. heat the graphite transfer to embed in the wax… done!
|Lilla Rogers Studio!|
The next step for me is to take on the challenge of the 2014 Global Talent Search! Wish me luck!!
|1. photo vignette|
|2. photo after waterlogged app.|
|3. silk organza printer sheets|
|4. encaustic paint palette aka electric pancake griddle|