Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Suzani by the Sea!

Coral, mint, black and white...
'Suzani by the Sea' ©2015 Patty Rybolt Designs. All Rights Reserved.
Spoonflower's challenge this week was to create a design using all four colors in this restricted palette,
restricted palette
no less, no more. The only restriction was the color, the design concept this week was left wide open, so I chose to make a Suzani* type print.

I had drawn hundreds of these elements for MATS 4A this fall and was looking for a way to make a design for Spoonflower using my sketches, so I opened my sketches in Photoshop and added my new palette. Then built my layered elements into designed motifs and created my pattern.

(*Suzani is an embroidered and decorative tribal textile made in Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan and other Central Asian countries. Popular design motifs can include the sun, flowers, leaves, vines and an occasional bird or two.)

Voting opens on Thursday, March 5th and continues until Thursday, March 12th, 2015. Click Here To Vote!

No comments:

Post a Comment