Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Groundhog Day!

The Spoonflower Design Challenge of the week is a celebration of Punxsutawney Phil as he prepares for his moment in the sun (or not)!
Groundhog Day. ©2015 Patty Rybolt Designs. All Rights Reserved.


Groundhogs are such funny little animals, and they were fun to draw. I started with some research online, mostly photos, to understand the details and of these creatures. They have smallish ears, finger-like hands that are darker than their coarse fur and their tails are smaller than a beaver. (I took creative license with the top hats and bow ties.) I drew my groundhogs in the Adobe Ideas App on my iPad and then opened it in Photoshop where I chose my color palette and assembled my characters. When the icons were 'built' I copied and pasted them into a new file for my Spoonflower pattern. I added the flowers and veggies at this stage as well as the background texture, vines and hand drawn type!
Happy Groundhog Day on February 2nd!!

Voting will open on Thursday, January 22nd. Please Vote!

No comments:

Post a Comment