Tuesday, October 28, 2014

2015 Farm Friends Tea Towel Calendar


'2015 farm friends calendar' ©2014 Patty Rybolt Designs. All Rights Reserved.
http://www.spoonflower.com/designs/3637960
It's time for the annual Tea Towel Calendar design at Spoonflower!

This year I decided to use some of my favorite animal illustrations, most of which haven't been used in other designs this year. A few have been used in my 'Farm Fresh' fabric but most of my farm friends are new to the market!

I drew all of these characters in black and white with Adobe Ideas on my iPad and then opened them up in Photoshop where I assembled and colored the parts of each icon. I also used my old Quark Express to layout the calendar dates. I have inDesign with my Adobe cc but still haven't learned how to use it yet (embarrassing but I am also just learning illustrator).

The Calendar is larger than the usual Spoonflower entries to fit on a fat quarter-yard of their Linen-Cotton Canvas fabric (27" x 18"), the preview had to be oriented horizontally to fit 4 calendars per yard.

Voting starts Thursday, October 30th, 2014. Please Vote!

No comments:

Post a Comment