Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Creepy Kitty! Halloween Damask for Spoonflower!

Creepy Kitty! ©2014 Patty Rybolt Designs. All Rights Reserved.

The Spoonflower design challenge this week didn't start off well. The assignment was to 'come up with damask-inspired prints that incorporate illustrations of cats.' I couldn't think of why they chose 'cats'. Not particularly a cat fan. I procrastinated. My procrastination grew into a trip to Target where they were putting out the Halloween decorations and it inspired me to take that direction with my design.

Creepy Kitty!
©2014 Patty Rybolt Designs.

I got home and drew damask-like swirls, spots and dots, and bats, pumpkins, skeletons, ghosts and of course cats! Imported the drawings from my iPad into Photoshop and built my design shape by shape.  It is sized as a fat quarter and placed it into a 1/2 drop repeat.

Voting starts on Thursday, September 18th, 2014. Please Vote!

2 comments: