Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Lilies for Spring!

'Lily + Palm' ©2014 Patty Rybolt Designs. All Rights Reserved.
Lilies are a sure sign that Spring is here! This week at Spoonflower, designers were asked to celebrate Spring and Easter with patterns that included the Lily!
This week I wanted to keep it simple. I drew a ton of lilies and lily of the valley icons. Then as usual some birds worked their way into my sketches. I just can't resist adding a few happy birds whenever I can. I added palm branches as a way to give my pattern structure, then some hydrangea petals for a spot of color. Only minimal details were added to keep it… simple!
Design preview is in a quarter yard (21" x 18"). Voting starts on Thursday, April 10th, 2014 and will continue until Thursday, April 17th, 2014! Please Vote!

No comments:

Post a Comment